So today was kind of a good look at where I stand physically. I did my Jillian Michaels Thirty Day Shred workout video. While I thought I was in moderate shape, I learned after three minutes how out of shape I truly am. I could barely breathe. This not only motivates me to want to lose weight, but makes me take a look at other lifestyle choices. Such as smoking. While I have a very real fear of quitting and gaining a bunch of weight, if I can keep a healthy diet and work out daily, what is to stop me from quitting? Nothing. I think quitting is going to be a goal I have.
Today was a good day, as far as diet and exercise go. But then again all my diet/exercise programs go flawlessly for the first week. And then something happens and I go back to old ways. Such as I have a busy day, and don't workout. Then I fall back into the mindset of "oh I'll do it tomorrow". Or I'll go out to eat and have something unhealthy, and think well it's already a bad food day, might as well eat bad the rest of the day. I feel like, whenever I start to make progress, I sabotage myself in some way. I really don't know why I do it, especially when I know how much happier I feel when I workout everyday, and when I eat right everyday. I just don't get it.
As far as what I ate today, I started the day off with a Carnation Breakfast drink. It's a chocolate powder you put in milk, stir and enjoy. It has essentially everything you would get in a regular breakfast with less calories. Unfortunately, I was starving an hour after I drank it. I did not give in and eat though, I drank two bottles of water, and that really helped fill me back up. For lunch, I had a spinach salad, with some chopped chicken, 2 tbsp of ranch dressing, diced onion, and a handful of mozzarella cheese. This was very satisfying. I was not hungry immediately after eating. For dinner, I had a Gorton's fish fillet, baked, a small cup of brown rice, and some green beans. I also drank pop today, I switched to diet though which is a good change. I know I need to cut it out all together, but I need to wean myself off of the caffeine. I drank so much pop everyday, that if I try to quit cold turkey, I suffer major headaches that do not go away with just Tylenol or Advil.
I think all in all today was a pretty good day. I just hope that for once I can keep it up instead of sabotaging myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment