Saturday, March 3, 2012

Some Interesting Facts I Found Out

While on the lookout for an amazing butt workout, I came across a video that I think everyone should check out.

http://www.beyonddiet.com/bd/landing?food=avocado&a=380

It's a real eye opener to what you should really be eating when dieting. It basically talks about how sugar and processed foods boost insulin and make the liver work harder, which makes it harder for your body to burn fat.  It explains how to create a better metabolism. If you're someone like me, who has a slow metabolism, this is amazing to learn. Basically it explains why eating more organic foods can help your metabolism. It's easier for your body to break down the food, and it helps avoid blood sugar spikes which makes your body produce insulin, which in turn makes your body store fat. But, at the same time, its not the typical starvation diet. It allows you to actually EAT! That's right, EAT! But here's the catch, it can only be foods that are actually healthy. The lady in the video says, "Read the label on the back. If there's ingredients you can't pronounce, or don't know, then your body is the same. It can't break down things that are foreign." Which makes a lot of sense, if your body is try to break down additives and other chemicals found in processed foods, it's not going to be able to do what it really needs to do. It'll slow down your metabolism, because your body will be working sooo hard to break down the chemicals, and essentially try to figure out what needs to stay and what needs to go. For example, things that only contain ONE ingredient in them should stay in your diet. Such as chicken breasts, eggs, and nuts. Things such as "Low-Fat" Muffins, artificial sweeteners, and orange juice need to go. Now, I'm sure if you actually squeeze your own orange juice with real oranges it can stay, but if you look on the back of orange juice you buy at the store, whats one of the biggest ingredients? SUGAR! Big no-no. Cause like I said before, you can't have your blood sugar get too high.
The ideal fat burning zone for your blood sugar is around ninety. And I think it's funny that I found this out now. It actually makes sense to me now why I have gained sooo much weight. The reason is, my freshman year of college, I was advised to keep my blood sugar in check, because I was pre-diabetic. And up till about two weeks ago, my blood sugar was almost always at two hundred or more. So, why no matter how much I worked out didn't it go down, and why didn't I lose more weight? Because I was still consuming foods that broke down to sugar in my body. Which in turn caused my blood sugar to spike, and made my body produce insulin to regulate the sugar in my blood. Each time insulin was produced, my body would hold on to fat. Each time my blood sugar spiked, my metabolism would get slower and slower. And quite honestly finding this out, THRILLS me. Because it makes losing weight SOO much simpler. I just need to eat foods that are actually healthy. Foods with ingredients I can pronounce. And by doing so, my blood sugar should stay in my target range which in turn will help me lose weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment