Growing up I ALWAYS battled with my weight. At the age of 8, I weighed 80 pounds. I lost a decent amount of weight my seventh grade year, only to have the weight creep back on each following year. Then I went to college. Between the late night munching, and not exercising, I packed on a total of 160 pounds. That is twice the weight I had weighed coming into college. Not only did it affect my physical features, but it has affected me mentally. I got to the point where I avoided looking in mirrors. I hated how I looked. I was disgusting. But at the same time, I was in denial. I always thought "oh I didn't gain that much, its just a few pounds. I can lose it, no problem." But I was very very wrong.
I'm a bit of an emotional eater. When I'm stressed, upset, angry, happy, bored, etc. I put food in my mouth. I always regret it afterwards, but during it I feel better. I know they say don't fix your problems with eating, but food at times seems to be the only constant in my life. It seems to be the only thing to comfort me.
But anyway, here I am. After yo-yo dieting for three years, after trying to starve myself on and off for three years, after starting every exercise program there is for the past three years, I'm going to actually try. Why now? Because I'm turning 22 in two weeks, and as you get older it gets harder to lose weight. And as you get older, the extra weight becomes worse and worse for your body. I want to live a long life, I want to have children and watch them grow old. I want to watch grandchildren play in my backyard. And the only way I can do that, is by being healthy so I can make sure I'm around.
So how is this blog going to work? Well, my plan is to log in each evening. Explain what I ate that day, what exercise I did, how I feel, and if I've had a bad food day, figure out exactly why I did. I'm not expecting too many people to follow this. And that's ok. Because if anything at least I will make myself accountable for all of the things I do each day.
I read in a magazine that writing a letter to yourself is a great motivator. You write to yourself about how amazing you feel now as if you reached your goal weight and to keep fighting. That way when you do reach your goal weight and body, you can read it and appreciate it and possibly surpass your goals. I wrote a letter to myself as if I was a successful business woman and lived an amazing lifestyle. I can't wait to read it one day and realize I did better than anticipated :)
ReplyDeletelove you girl keep up the hard work <3
Thanks Ali :) I might do that, I think this blog will be a good way to look back on day and realize how far I've come!
Delete